The best part of all is that he is now exactly 40" tall and can ride Thunder Mountain, Soaring Over California (which he LOVED!), and all the good ones! Thunder Mountain was our last ride we went on. I tricked him by saying it was exactly like the train the circles Disneyland, just a little bit faster. He held on to me so tight and made sure my arm was wrapped all the way around him. But he didn't cry or scream. I just kept telling him what a big boy he was and how proud of him I was. When we got off he said, "Mom, I was just a little scared."... Then I felt bad!
First we drove the cars...
Went on the Jungle Cruise, met up with Aladdin and Jasmine...
Bought a new pirate sword and climbed the tree house, then rode the carousal...
Hit up The Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Winnie the Pooh.
Then went over to California Adventure and watched a really cool parade... and learned why Jason's shoulders hurt after having Derek on them. After 20 minutes of having 40 pounds on my shoulders, I was dying!
Went on Souring Over California, such a beautiful ride, SERIOUSLY love it! Then of course the Toy Story 2 ride.. another great one! Fun for adults too!
Back over to Disneyland to get stuck on the Buzz Lightyear ride for about 20 minutes... a great ride for a 3 year old to get stuck on! Lots of gun shooting entertainment!
Watched Mickey & Minnie dance...
And lastly rode the Mark Twain into the sunset... my first time on this boat, as well as Derek's. What a great view of the park!
It was probably one of the best days at Disneyland I've ever had. Derek is going back on Friday with my mom to use the last day of the free pass. He's so excited to show Grandma around!


8 comments:
How fun Kelly. And so nice that you get to create those special memories with Derek! Alone time with our kids is very special!
ALMOST makes me want to go to Disneyland...almost!
What a fun day, and great pics!!! I love your new header too!
That is so sweet. I love spending one-on-one time with my kids. I really feel they will remember those times for ever.
Love the new header! What great fun to spend all day at Disneyland with your little guy just the two of you. You will remember that visit forever. My hubby's brother is in town with his fam and they went to Disney yesterday and are going back on Thurs. Wish Tim and I could get time off to go too, I'm so jealous of all you Disney goers!!
What a fun Mommy Son date! I love Disneyland! Looks like you guys had alot of fun!
Disneyland is such a great place to take a 3 year old. Sounds like a fun day!
Looks like a fun day for you and D! I'm with my mom...it ALMOST makes me want to go to Disneyland. =)
PS- I like your new background and header too. You figured the collage out!
Post a Comment