Monday, February 23, 2009

We're Homeowners Again!!


Yeah! We got our house! We first saw it 3 months ago and put an offer on it right away. It was a short sale, so we thought it would never happen. For any one who doesn't know about short sales here in southern California, they are anything but short and extremely difficult to get... in a timely matter, that is. We got the keys on Friday afternoon and had our families over that night to see it and eat pizza. We are SO excited! Jason was there all weekend already adding his touch. He is putting more shelves in the garage and making it "his domain". He already tore apart the ceiling in the family room and put in some recess lighting. All the little holes are patched and ready for paint. The fence will be installed soon around the pool. We are so anxious to move in. The house is in excellent condition, just some paint and our finishing touches and it will be our home.

Jason carrying me across the threshold







The Family Room... eating pizza & changing babies


The Bonus Room

11 comments:

Jessica said...

How Exciting!! Your house is so pretty and it looks like you have tons of room for Derek and the babies to move around. That is so great. I bet you are so happy to finally have your own place. Congrats!!

Nicole said...

OMG! congrats. I looks beautiful. So happy for you guys!!!!!!!!

Genn said...

Congratulations Kelly & Jason! I love the picture of Jason carrying you over the threshold! Too cute!!

everyday katie said...

Oh my word, your house is UN.BE. LIEVABLE! congrats! I'm so glad it finally worked out. You'll appreciate all the space, I'm sure.

Kris said...

Oh Kelly!!! The house is beautiful! I can't wait to see it in person. I loved the picture of Jason carrying your over the threshold.
You will be very happy there, I just know it!

Amy said...

Congratulations on your new house! I have to ask...is that a Van Daele home? It honestly looks exactly like the same floor plan as my house or something very similar???? Our stairways, kitchen and family room look the exact same for sure.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Love it, love it, love it!! It is so cool that Jason is such a handy man and has already gotten to work on your new home. It is totally beautiful and SO BIG!!!

Tawny said...

Beautiful! Congrats! Can't wait to see it in person!!! Have fun decorating!

jeanine said...

Oh my goodness! I'm totally jealous of all the space! So glad that you guys have your own place now!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love your NEW house!!! That is so exciting. The backyard is amazing, I'm so excited for you guys! See, you got your house, and it's beautiful. Can't wait to see what you do to it!

Maryrose said...

Kelly,
Just peeked in to see the babies and got a bonus (the new house additon) Congrats on all! Babies are darling and the new house looks terrific. I will be peeking again soon.
Maryrose