We ended July with a great weekend. A friend of mine had her son's 1st birthday party. I just love Nicole and wish I got to see more of her. We met in school at Paul Mitchell 6 years ago. We were training to get our Esthetician license. She and I were the first girls to class on the first day so we starting chatting. We became fast friends and the following year I was a bridesmaid in her wedding.
Nikki does everything the best it can be. Including her parties! Jason and I were saying how this party would have been fun if it were only adults, too. It was pretty amazing. She had an In-N-Out truck come so everybody had some great food. I wish I got a picture of it.
She rented an ice cream truck to stay for the kids. Derek really thought that was the coolest thing ever.
There were pony rides... the guy leading the ponies knew Derek well. I think he rode the same horse 6 or 7 times. Jillian wanted nothing to do with the horses. She had a death grip on daddy. And poor James, I just totally forgot to see if he wanted to ride. There was too much going on watching the 3 of them and he was content being in the petting zoo most of the time.
They had a bounce house, a petting zoo, and even a visit from Woody who made the kids balloon animals.
Coming from the usually disgustingly hot Inland Empire (can you tell I miss Huntington Beach more and more?), we were not dressed properly for a cool, overcast day. But it cleared up to be beautiful. Nikki's backyard overlooks the ocean. You can't really see it much in these pictures, but it's breathtaking.
That's Genny, my BFF and her daughter Claire. Aren't they cutie's?
We stayed a couple hours and had to leave after James got lost. Jason had to make a phone call for work at exactly 12:15... I forgot and I thought James was with him. He wasn't. He was trying to feed a goat a carrot and got bit. Everything went downhill after that. It was definitely nap time. The drive home from Laguna was quiet. The kids were tired. The twins slept 3 hours when we got home. Derek watched a movie. And Jason and I fell asleep on the couch. It was great.
Highlights of the upcoming week:
* Our 7th anniversary is on the 3rd. We celebrated with dinner in Newport last night
* Nikki's 30th birthday at the Spa at the Montage in Laguna Beach on the 8th
* The finale of the Bachelorette. I don't think she chooses either of the 2 guys. What do you think?
* Hopefully more weight loss... I lost a jean size in 2 weeks. You know how exciting it was to wear a pair of jeans to dinner last night that I haven't been able to put on in over 2 years!
* Our 7th anniversary is on the 3rd. We celebrated with dinner in Newport last night
* Nikki's 30th birthday at the Spa at the Montage in Laguna Beach on the 8th
* The finale of the Bachelorette. I don't think she chooses either of the 2 guys. What do you think?
* Hopefully more weight loss... I lost a jean size in 2 weeks. You know how exciting it was to wear a pair of jeans to dinner last night that I haven't been able to put on in over 2 years!
Have a great week!





5 comments:
You got some cute pics from the bday party! I've got a few to post too. I've got so many pics to post from the last couple of weeks. I need to get on it.
I'm sorry James got lost at the party! I didn't even know! Thanks for letting me follow you guys. You know me and directions. hahaha
Happy Anniversary!! Dinner in Newport, I bet that was fun. Congrats on the skinny jeans. That's fab.
Can not wait for Niki's birthday celebration at The Montage!!
WOW sounds like an amazing party!!! Seriously AMAZING!!!! And WAY TO GO on the loss of a pant size in 2 weeks that is AMAZING!!!
I am so sorry. Thanks for coming. It was so good to see you. I can't believe it has been six years. Anyways, can't wait to see you again at the Montage. (remember we went a long time ago, I have been wanting to go back ever since.)
What a fun party! It's the pits when the beach is overcast, we inlanders always have such high expectations :)
Have fun at the Montage!!!
Happy Anniversary Kelly! Your wedding was beautiful! Remember how hot it was? I couldn't find your folks place. Are they still up here? Genny said the party at nicole's was fun!
Post a Comment