For his last day we made cupcakes and brought Miss Lauri a card and some flowers. When we got there she had his cubby all cleaned out for me. I seriously had tears in my eyes. I hope this was the right decision.
(Jason made fun of my flower arrangement, saying it has bunny ears. But I thought it was nice)
I absolutely LOVE Miss Lauri! I have nothing but respect for what she does. I could not watch 7 kids everyday. I would pull my hair out. Derek was with her for about a year and loved going to school. He learned so much with her and it's going to be an adjustment for both of us. He only went 2 days a week, but it was the best 2 days of the week. He loved going to see his friends, make crafts and go to the park with 'MiLauri', as he calls her. I loved being home with only 2 kids.
But then Lauri went on vacation a few weeks ago and I watched my nephew during that time. To be honest I dreaded it. I thought it would be so hard. But it was actually easier. Derek had a playmate and wasn't hanging on me all day long. I could actually feed the babies without being yelled at by a 3 year old. He and his cousin do fight on occasion, but I will be nipping that soon!
I start watching Aiden on Monday and hopefully all goes well. It's just a temporary job, as my sister-in-law will be moving back to Orange County in December.
But this is NOT the end of my friend Lauri. We're going to visit her frequently. She only lives about a mile and half away, so it's a good excuse to go for walk and get some exercise with all four kids in tow. And when I am watching Aiden no longer, I'm sure Derek will go back to his buddy, MiLauri.
Looking forward to continuing our friendship, Lauri! I miss you already!


3 comments:
You say seven kids sounds too hard, but you're taking on 4. That's more than half way there. But I do agree...having another kid around sometimes makes it easier. Good luck with that.
You are one brave woman! Good luck. I hope that it all goes smoothly.
Wow! You are too kind and sweet! I miss seeing you already! (even though this is only the first week and I saw you on Monday!) Derek is an amazing little boy and he is truly missed already by all of us! I look forward to having him back any time! I know watching four kids will work out for you! Your nephew is really lucky to have you! Thanks again for the BEAUTIFUL flowers! (yes Jason, I said "Beautiful"!) and for your very kind words! I'll see you soon!
Post a Comment