Sunday, July 12, 2009

Weekend Recap

We had a nice, HOT, weekend at home. Jason is off on Fridays now, and I love that! Although he has to spend the majority of the day in his office doing proposals, invoices, etc... I do take advantage of him being home so I can run errands with maybe only 1 or 2 kids in hand.

Friday: My dad got 4 tickets to Boeing's suite at the Staples Center for the Circus on Friday night. After searching forever to find a babysitter for the twins, I was able to get my good friend Kimberlee to do it. She had to call her mom in for back-up because the twins screamed for 45 minutes straight... I felt so bad. But they only had to watch them for 2 hours, then my mother-in-law came to relieve them. I've come to notice how difficult it is to find a sitter for 2 babies. If I only need someone to watch one of them, or 1 baby and Derek, I don't have a problem. But for the both of them, I usually need to get 2 people. Luckily we live close to both of our parents.

The circus was really cool. Our suite was amazing! Couches, kitchen, flat screen TV, and then great box seats to watch the circus in. Derek was in heaven.

Jason, my dad & Derek about to walk in to the suite


The boys checkin' out the place



It's amazing how animals can be trained to do these things!


Saturday: Jason worked really hard in the yard removing almost every bush, plant, and tree that wasn't his version of 'tropical'. He hated most of the existing trees and plants, and is replacing them with a more tropical theme. Lots of palms and bright flowers.

I went to Robbin's Brother's to get my rings cleaned with Jillian. Then we went to Nordstrom and did a little shopping. She was a good little girl!

Maria came over later that afternoon with dinner in tow; roasted chicken, rice, beans, chips & guacamole. Sooo yummy! We left the kids with Jason and his dad and went to my parents house so I could give her a facial. A thank-you for all her babysitting services. The kids went to bed and Jason went over to a friends house to watch the UFC fight. I watched The Reader and fell asleep. A little too boring and strange for me, I guess.

Sunday: Relaxed at home. Did a little swimming. Jason's dad came over with a couple of his workers to help Jason clear out more plants. Jason never relaxes on the weekends. There is always a project going on.


Derek played with worms.. very gross.


And he became a photographer again, capturing James in a little tantrum.


But then his brother gave hime something new to play with...


I made chicken madeira for dinner. This is my favorite dish at The Cheesecake Factory, so I thought I'd give it a try. It was very delicious!


I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend!

5 comments:

Genn said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had just as busy of a weekend as we did! The circus looked neat in that fancy suite! Very fun.

I got your message and I'll give ya a call tomorrow. Our friends just left and I am pooped. Talk to you soon.

Kris said...

Fun circus seats!!! Poor James...real tears and everything! Your chicken looked as good as Cheesecake Factory Kelly!!

everyday katie said...

I didn't know they had suites at the circus. We took Parker at that age and it was really fun. He played circus for weeks after that.

YOu look GREAT in that picture with a screaming James. I LOVE your hair color.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

You guys sure know how to have fun together which is wonderful. Your husband is also such a hard worker which is also wonderful! Love all your shots and also congrats on the new stroller!!! YEAH!!!!

Bowthorpe Family said...

So how did u make the sauce on ur dish ingredients please that too is my fav dish there