Friday, May 7, 2010

Fifteen

On April 18th, James and Jillian turned 15 months old.  It's hard to believe these two are 15 months. Actually, I'm lying.  I believe it.  It hasn't really flown by.  It seems like it's been 15 months... oh yes, it really does. 

Their stats from their check-up:

James - 29 pounds and 34 inches tall!  Dr F. said he's off the charts.  Future football player?  Basketball player?

Jillian- 25 pounds and 33 inches tall.  She's pretty big herself.

James doesn't say much.  Sometimes mama or dada.  And he tries so hard to say popcorn.  I think only my mom and I know when he's trying  to say it.  He is very stubborn and when he wants something he points to it and grunts.  And if he doesn't get what he wants, he cries.  He's our little cry baby... good thing he's so stinkin' cute.  He also loves to cuddle with me, but ONLY me... which sometimes is a little annoying.  He is the biggest mama's boy.   He loves anything to do with cars and trucks.  He loves playing in water and puts his face in the water to blow bubbles.  He is finally getting his  molars.  He loves following his older brother around and doing everything he does!

                       15 months                                           3 months

                   

Jillian has all her teeth... I think anyway... for now.  There isn't an empty space in her mouth.  She is STUBBORN.  Right now she's going through a 'I don't take naps' stage.  Little brat.  But when her brother is sleeping  and her older brother is at school, I don't mind if she doesn't nap.  She is an angel when she's by herself.  She tries to talk so much!  She says dadda, gampa (grandpa), shoes, no, bird and dog.  I think she's pretty smart.  She recognizes when she goes poop and touches her little bum and says poo.  She loves playing with Derek.  But she can be a mean little sucker.  She likes to hit, pinch and throw toys at her brothers.  I guess she's just practicing defending herself.

                       15 months                                           3 months                          



Tomorrow is a park day.  I still don't look forward to the park.  I can't keep a good eye on all 3 kids and it makes me so nervous.  So we go to a park that is usually pretty empty.  And it's pretty safe.  It has a playground for kids with a handicap, so it's perfect for one and two-year olds.  There is a ramp instead of stairs and it's low to the ground so even if they fell off they shouldn't get hurt... too bad anyway. 

I really want to take the kids to the splash park now that it's open again.  But when James and Jillian run in opposite directions, that scares me.  And it scares me when it gets crowded and I can't locate all 3 kids.  It would be so much easier if I just had 3 kids that were born at 3 separate times.  Then at least 2 would be a little older and the youngest would have more of my attention.  But I'm not going to complain about it... too much.

I want to post more pictures soon...  Derek and I went to Disneyland on Monday and had so much fun!  Hopefully you'll see the few pictures we took soon.

So there you go dad, my little blog nagger.  Is this post up to par?

Now it's Friday morning, I should get to bed since I'll be awakened in 6 hours. 

Happy Friday everyone!

7 comments:

Kris said...

Cute post Kelly. They are so darling. Tell Dave thanks for me!!!

Genn said...

Cute pics Kelly. James is so "boy" isn't he? And Jill's personality seems so fun. It will be so nice for you as she gets olders to have another girl in the house. :)

I hear you on hating the park. I went yesterday to the splash park. I hate that park especially. It is always so crowded and there are always the rudest moms there that are too busy chatting to keep an eye on their kids and whose toys they are stealing.

Hope you have a nice mother's day weekend.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Your kids are so dang cute and look like so dang full of energy. It keeps ya young right?
I totally understand, well not in reality understand but mentally I understand your fear at the park and stuff. I took Hailee there the other day and just keeping an eye on 1 was stressing me out :) You are a wonderful mom!
Happy Mothers Day weekend!

Mommy Kelly said...

Sooo cute Kelly!! I can't believe how tall James is! We REALLY should have a play date!! I mean our kids are 10 days apart!! I think James and Brody would love to play trucks together! Such boys :) Let me know. I am more than willing to come to you...that park sounds great! Let me know :) Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day...you soooo deserve it!!

Anonymous said...

They are so cute! I love how they look so different. They have gotten so big!

The park is definitely not fun to do alone, I haven't tried it in a while. I know I will be though with the splash park being open. I won't be able to keep Riley away from that thing, and I have a feeling Madi is going to love it too.

Have a happy Mother's Day!! Relax, you deserve it!

Tawny said...

Wow, 15 months!
I could only imagine what it would be like at the splash park, I go nuts with 2 and they ARE different ages. It is so hard to keep a close eye on both (all)! You'll have to go with J or friends, if nothing else but for sanity!

Jillian is SO your daughter, such a doll!

Melissa + Brett said...

Maybe it's a girl thing to hit. Poor Tavin is bullied by his little sister. I'm proud of you for attempting park days. Going to the Water Park would scare me too! GOOD LUCK!