Sunday, September 6, 2009

Thank you, hat

I wore a hat all day yesterday. When I took it off last night and looked in the mirror, I couldn't figure out why a section of my hair was red.


It seriously took me about 5 minutes to figure it out. But then I saw the cut on my scalp and it hit me...

I was trying to pull the wood blinds all the way up so I could see Derek playing in the backyard. These blinds are horrible, they get stuck and don't open all the way. Anyway, as I was doing this the whole thing came off the window and struck my head. I'm glad I was wearing a hat because I think I would have needed stitches if the hat wasn't on. It hurt bad. I cried. Jason said, "Good thing you had a hat on or it may have cut you". I didn't even think to look to see if it had. I went on with the day and my head hurt but I just thought I got a little bump. But no, I got this:



Thanks to my hat for saving me a trip to the ER.

8 comments:

Lauri said...

YIKES! That looks horrible.

everyday katie said...

First a car accident and now this? You deserve those fantastic shoes.

My mom occasionally reminds me:

"When life gets hard and brings the blues, shop for, shop for, shop for shoes!"

Genn said...

OUch! That looks pretty painful! And I love what Katie said that Lauri reminds her of... so true. Go get yourself something new! Glad you didnt have to go to the ER.

Kris said...

OUCH!!! How could you not have known that was so bad?? You must have a very high tolerance for pain!!!!! I say, Jason has to make dinner, clean the house, and take care of all the babies for the rest of the weekend!!!!
: )

Kelly said...

I agree with you Kristy!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Wow, I can't believe you did not know you sliced your head open. Thank goodness for that hat!

Maryrose said...

Oh Kelly, thats a nasty booboo. Hope you are feeling ok.. Soak it baby.

Melissa + Brett said...

Oh my goodness Kelly. You must be super tough!