Sis watched the twins so I could go to the gym with my mom, and Derek came along too. He loves the kid's club. Then mom took us to Red Robin for lunch. I love going to lunch with Derek. Going to a restaurant is a big deal to him and he loves every minute of it.
Dinnertime rolled around and I knew if I didn't cook, then I wasn't going to eat. Frankly, I think that's wrong. I don't believe you should have to cook on your birthday. I believe it's a rule. But I did. I had to cook for my family along with the extended family, nonetheless. Now, all the family reads this blog, so I'm sorry mi familia, but I'm not holding back. I shouldn't have had to cook on my birthday. I cook for everyone else on their birthday's (and almost every other day), or take them out to eat.
Just sayin'....
(Disclaimer: In my parents' defense, they had us over for dinner on Valentine's Day to celebrate my birthday. We also had cake. Very yummy. Thank you!)
So here is the delicious dinner I made; recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee.
BBQ Chicken Pizza on the Grill
1 Pillsbury Thin Pizza Crust
BBQ Sauce
2 chicken breasts
1 sliced apple
4 slices of bacon
mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper the chicken breast and grill until done. Cut into strips.
Cook bacon however you desire. I bake it at 400 degrees in the oven. Then crumble. Set aside.
Place pizza dough on a disposable aluminum tray coated with cooking spray. Grill until lightly browned, then flip over.
Add the BBQ sauce on top of crust.
Add crumbled bacon.
Add sliced chicken breast and apples.
Top with mozzarella cheese.
Grill on low until cheese is melted.
I didn't take a picture of the pizza when it was done. We all were hungry and I forgot. But I'm not sure I'll ever make a pizza in the oven again. The grill gave it a delicious smokey flavor. It was seriously SO good.
I was a little apprehensive about apples on a pizza, but they did not disappoint!
Next time I may add a little red onion, maybe a hint of cilantro too.
A small slice of chocolate cream pie and off to yoga.
It was a perfect birthday!


9 comments:
Looks like you had a great birthday! And I am going to try the pizza on the grill! It looks delicious! And its def. something Gregg would LOVE!
I agree, no cooking on your birthday but what you did cook looked delicious though. Lucky family.
It is in the birthday rule book, that you do not cook on your birthday. I must send you a copy. :)
Glad your birthday was nice Kelly! That pizza did look really good!!!!
Happy 29th my friend!
Ooo apples. I'll have to try it. We always add cilantro and red onion. But I'll have to try this next. Sorry you had to cook. I feel the same. But despite that, sounds like you had a good day.
Kelly, you crack me up. You have been making me laugh for, oh about 20 years now.....Can you believe you and Gennifer are almost 30!!!!! Your pizza looked so darn good. And the funny thing is this...Greg and I have been totally into bread, as you well know, and we were recently saying how we want to make the dough in the machines, and then do pizzas on the grill! Now, I am so anxious to do this!!! The possibilities are endless!! Glad you had such a special day!!
Glad you had a good birthday you deserve it! But you deserve someone to make you a scumptious dinner next year! Or take out on pretty plates at least HINT HINT for Jason :)
Looks like you've been working out a lot lately that is great & look phenom!
P.s. I have to go to the DMV too to get my new name on my license...now I'm scared :(
What a yummy birthday and a yummy pizza...but that pie...yuuuummmmmm!!!
Happy Birthday!
You are SO good going to the gym!!! I don't know if I'd go on my bday, I think I'd take that day as an excuse :)
Happy Birthday Kelly! That Pie Looks so Tasty!!
Happy Birthday! Glad you had a good day, you deserve a good day!
Thanks for that recipe, I love bbq chicken pizza and yours looks delish!
Post a Comment