Tuesday, July 13, 2010

This Isn't Me

Before kids my car was immaculate.  No trash.  No junk.  Very clean.


This is what I cleaned out tonight.  I was wondering where all the sippy cups went.  And that bag behind all the cups... it's full of shoes.  3 belonging to Derek, 2 belonging to James, and 1 pair,  plus 1 shoe without a mate belonging to Jillian.

Mind you... I had just cleaned it out last Friday.  This is only 4 days worth of trekking around town.  . 

In my defense, I do have 3 kids.  Two toddlers.  When I only had Derek, my car never looked this bad.  One, maybe two sippy cups at most. 

Right when the kids get buckled up, they take their shoes off.  So annoying.  By the time we're back home I just unload them and leave the shoes behind.

How embarrassing.  I won't even mention all the cheez-it crumbs, toy cars, and other trash that was in there.

6 comments:

everyday katie said...

It's pretzel crumbs and legos in my car. It's embarrassing.

AmandaFienPhotography said...

Griffin was in a phase of taking his shoes off every time we got in the car too...not so bad lately but he still does it. One time we got to Henry's and he had taken his shoes off on the way there...I didn't feel like putting them back on him and an employee made a comment about my shoeless boy. Obviously she doesn't have kids! And my car is full of toys...I don't give Griffin snacks that often in the car yet. I can only imagine what it will look like then!

Kris said...

Noah threw a fit the other day and crushed an entire (mini) bag of cheezits in the back seat of my car. You know me! I do not like messes! That was a doozy!!! I cracked up at all the sippy cups! KIDS!!

Nicole said...

why is that they have to take there shoes the minute the get in there car seat. I agree so annoying.

Genn said...

I'm with you on this one. My car has been disgusting lately, and it's twice as bad now that there are two kids back there. I just cleaned it out recently so I am trying to limit the messy foods in the car at least. But eventually I know it will get back to being a gross mess again!

Tawny said...

Hahaha! My car is SO gross! Darn kiddos :)

Hope there was nothing too horrible in those sippy cups, that is the WORST!

The glasses you asked me about a while ago, you'll laugh-from Nordies, BP only $10! My wanna be Marc Jacobs, but hey they work and if they get lost in the river, no worries right?!

Great 4th of July pictures! What a great backyard you have and LOVE the new conversation set :)