


Easter morning I was up about 6:00 feeding one of the babies.. I don't even remember who I feed at what time anymore. Anyway, Derek came down about 6:30 and saw his Easter basket on the coffee table. He was SUPER excited. The first words out of his mouth were, "The Easter Bunny got that for me?". I had no time to make my own basket this year, so good old Sam's Club did it for me. The basket was a soccer bag filled with a soccer ball, a water bottle, wrist band, and lots of candy and fruit snacks. He thought it was the coolest thing, so I was happy. Then he started to look for the eggs that the Easter Bunny hid. That was his favorite part. After every egg he found, he got the cutest grin on his face. I think he was also pretty thrilled that both babies had gone back to sleep so all the attention was on him.

Think this guy likes candy??

Someone was a little tired that morning

James all ready for his grandparents and cousins to come over and play with him


I promise this little lady is much cuter in person! I just couldn't get a great picture of Jillian... maybe she's storing nuts in those cheeks??

Later that day we had both sets of families over for a BBQ. It was a beautiful, warm day and we got to use our pool. Well, Derek and his cousin used the pool, while everyone else sat in the spa. Can't wait to see how much that spa heater racks up the electric bill... yikes!
We had another egg hunt outside and that's when the chaos began. Derek and Aiden are only 3 weeks apart.. .and boy do they fight over everything. It's getting worse though. So much that it's not fun for them to be together anymore. We have to act like police and have to break up hitting and scratching fights constantly. We have finally found what works pretty well though. Putting Derek in his room until he is ready to apologize. HE HATES it! And so far it's working for me. The time out and spanking him on his little behind did nothing. But sending him to his room alone, he just can't stand it... I love it!
The boys on the hunt...



They start out trying to put an arm around eachother....

Can you see the tension building up??

Not sure what adult they is choking Aiden?? I think it's his dad! =)

Can you see Derek trying to shove his cousin out of the picture... these boys!

Grandpa Dave and James must have planned their matching outfits

My father-in-law sleeping on the kids' slide. Must have been an exhausting day!

Anyway, it was a nice Easter. My plan was to get a nice family picture, but of course that didn't happen. First off, all of Jason's clothes were still at my parents house. Only his work clothes and bummy 'work around the house' clothes were here. So my plan was shot. We could have easily gone to get his clothes but the day got away from us. I hope everyone had a great Easter!


7 comments:
Cute Easter pictures. I love Jill's dress. She looked so cute! And that picture of your Dad and James is so precious! And the one of your Dad with all the boys. Too cute.
How fun to have everyone over for easter!!! I love jill's dress...ADORABLE
Looks like a fun Easter! Your little babies are getting so big, and so cute!
It is nice that Derek has a cousin around the same age. How fun to have a bbq I can't wait until we have more than dirt in our backyard. I think you may have lucked out with not having nice clothes, we tried to take easter pics and not only did we end up crazy frustrated because Emma wouldn't hold still none of them turned out. You have an adorable family.
Well that was fun Kelly! Great pictures of all the kids and family!
Loved it!
Looks like you had a GREAT and eventful easter! Glad little Derek had a total blast and sorry to hear about the boys fighting but boys will be boys ;) glad you found the solution to fixing behavior, each kid is so different and I hear you have to try everything out till you find the perfect punnishment!
Your little twinners are SO BIG they are growing SO FAST and look healthy and cute as ever! I wanna see them in person again!
O and I totally understand you laughing at me, I laugh at me all the time :)
Post a Comment