I love it. But I can't wait to be able to walk outside and not have my shoes get soaked. And my hair... that's a whole other story!
We have been bored being stuck inside. Today we went over to my mom's for a change of scenery. There was a break in the rain.. hallelujah!
I thought, why not let the kids walk around outside for a bit?
This is what happened....
What a MESS these boys were. I was having second thoughts about why I was allowing them to do this. It's cold outside, they're wet and muddy. But seeing how happy Derek and James were, was absolutely worth it! They were stripped down and put right in a warm bath.
And then the smart one who wanted nothing to do with puddles or mud. As she walked outside and a few drops of rain fell on her head from the patio cover, she cried. Went back under shelter and played in Derek's jeep. Staying nice and clean, and DRY. Not a great picture, but she was having a bad 'rainy day' hair day!


9 comments:
Every kid should be allowed to play in the rain once in a while. So nice you were relaxed enough to let them enjoy themselves.
OMIGOSH...I am just cringing from the pictures of the mud. What a nice mommy to let them have at it!
Seriously the rain has been nuts!!! Today, tomorrow, and MOnday will be a nice break though!
I love how Jilli is so "girly" about it and didn't want to get wet or dirty! My kind of kid :)
Thanks for your nice comments and thoughts :)
Typical boys!!! Love those pics!
Griffin has the same shoes as James...stride rite, right? Those pics are too cute!
How cute Derek and James are. Total BOYS!!
LOVE those mud picures!! SO funny that Jill stayed safe and dry!
WoW, I better get use to it, with Boys. Poor Hudson is going to have a neurotic mom when it comes to this kind of stuff lol.
Isn't it so funny how girls are such girls and boys are such boys! You are a great mommy for letting them play in the puddles and the mud. I can't wait to do that with Brooke! My sis and I used to LOVE doing that!
Love these pictures, they are so great!! So how long did it take you to get them clean?? So funny!
Post a Comment