Monday, January 18, 2010

You did what?

We had a garage sale on New Years weekend. Our first one ever. It was a BIG success! But when I heard Jason telling a man that the fireplace screen was $2, I wanted to strangle him. I bought a really nice fireplace screen for our old house for well over $200. This was BK (before kids) AND I was working. It was justified.

Jason sold it for $2. TWO DOLLARS!

Needless to say, I was a little upset. I think I could have gotten $50 for it on Craigslist.

Just because I hate posts without pictures (and my sister always tells me the same)... here is the only picture from the garage sale.


I think we'll have one every 6 months. It was fun, and really not too much preparation was needed.

4 comments:

Tawny said...

NICE! I wish we could have a garage sale, I have so much to sell. We're not allowed though, HOA rule :( Hate it!

Amy said...

I really need to have one and I am bummed about the fireplace screen because we really need one and $2 bucks is a great deal :)

everyday katie said...

Spencer and I have been talking about this lately. I know we could get more money for our stuff on Craigslist, but it seems so much easier to set it out front and sell it all at once. I'm not sure we have enough stuff to make it worth it. I've been thinking about combining with a friend or something.

I'm glad to hear you think it's worth it. Maybe I'll get to it this spring.

Is it awkward having people file through all your stuff?

Melissa + Brett said...

I would be bugged about the fireplace screen too! When we moved, Brett couldn't fit our exercise bike (and we didn't really use it cuz it hurt your butt), so he just gave it away -FOR FREE- to one of the guys helping us pack our truck. I was soooooo mad! We could have sold it on craigslist for ATLEAST $150!