The boy always gets hurt... ALWAYS. I feel so bad.
This is him this morning standing on a speaker. He has to climb everything. Remember how cute this face is before you see t he next pictures.
Remember when he was in the stroller and it rolled down the street when he was an infant? And I never knew until a woman brought him home to me.
Remember when he opened the oven and burned his fingers?
He also fell off the retaining wall onto the cement last month.
He has had his fingers shut in the door by his sister 3 times... including today (before this other accident).
BUT....
Today was the worst of all. And it was my fault.
There was a break in the rain so I called my mom up and asked if she would join me for our walk up skyline.
We went, they played and ran around a little. It got cold so I put James back in the stroller. I was busy getting Derek and Jillian settled that I didn't realize I hadn't buckled James in.
We were walking and his crackers fell. He leaned forward to try to reach them and I see him falling...
I try to catch him. I didn't make it.
He fell right onto his face on the asphalt.
He screamed... whaled, actually. I cursed. Then almost cried too.
This was right after we got home and the bleeding from his nose had stopped. His right eye was pretty much swollen shut. His nose also swollen. The bump on his forehead later turned to golf ball size. I imagine it will look better in the morning. I sure hope so. I checked his pupils with a flashlight to make sure they still dialate and he didn't have a concusion. He was very cranky and uncomfortable tonight. I'm sure that head of his hurt like no other.
I wish the pictures could display how bad he really looks. But maybe I'm glad my camera stinks (or I stink as a photographer) so you don't call CPS on me.
My mom already says she's taking him away from me.


8 comments:
You don't have to feel too bad, that kind of thing happens to all parents (and some of us actually DO get CPS called on us). The good thing is, kids heal super fast and he won't hate you for it.
Katie's right. And I'm sure you felt so awful. Poor James. And poor you. Hope it's better today.
Oh poor James. But he is still smiling!!! What a trooper! My brother and his wife were at the swapmeet when Donavon was a baby and his blanket got caught in the wheel and it ejected Donavon right out of the stroller onto the ashpalt too. I don't think he got too banged up though being wrapped in a blanket, but they felt awful. Don't fret. It happens.
Awww Kelly don't worry about it...he won't even remember!! Accidents happen...and he'll be ok that's all that matters. I hope your poor little guy feels better today.
Poor poor thing. It looks like it hurts. I am so sorry.
At least he looks tough :-(
O my gosh poor little guy. He looks like he got BEAT!! BUT, but, but you are a mom and things happen. None of us are perfect! He will not remember it. You are a great mom!
Keep us posted on the pictures of him as he gets better.
First, what a little dare devil!!!
Second, poor momma and J...in the last pic though, you can tell he is a trooper and will be back to climbing in no time!!!
Okay, do you know how many times I forget to strap Madi in a stroller or grocery cart and I turn around to see her standing up almost jumping up and down because she is so proud of herself? I'm lucky that none of those times turned into a disaster! He seriously is a trooper and he'll never remember it. You are fine and it hurts you more than it hurts him. You're a good Mama, he knows that.
Post a Comment