as the twins get older, it's getting harder to find the time to blog.
they usually only take one nap a day now. which is nice. they play a lot more.
but i can't sit around blogging and reading blogs anymore.
and the truth is, i really don't miss it.
now that the babies are older, they get dirtier.
- that means more laundry.
- they also require feeding. imagine that. i hate thinking of breakfast, lunch, and dinner. and they are SO picky. one day they love mac and cheese, the next day they hate it. i never had this problem with derek.
- feeding requires dishes. uggghhh! dishes. i hate that word and the process that goes into it. i used to love to cook. but cooking for five isn't as fun as cooking for two was. if i could, i would eat every meal out. i really would.
- i also have a new job. i'm in charge of expense reports for jason's business. i thought it would be so easy. but finding the time to do them is hard. and there are a lot of them, everyday. so instead of blogging, i need to be doing reports. i am looking at a pile of receipts right now that need reports attached to them. i need to get to them. i really do.
- then i throw in a few facials here and there. which i love doing. and wish i had more time to do more clients.
today i ventured out to yoga with all three kids in tow. i never do this. i usually only go to yoga if jason is home to stay with the twins or my dad will come over and watch them. derek loves to go to the kids club at the gym. i had to wake all three kids from their naps. change diapers and clothes. just when you think you're finished, there is yet another baby i need to get ready. i still shake my head in disbelief that i have twins. it honestly DOES take twice as long to get out the door. we made it to yoga, carrying a baby on each hip as derek doddled behind me. that's a work out itself (james weighs 28 pounds and jillian is 24 pounds). but they were happy to go to the kids club. so i was relieved. great work out, happy babies.
so the whole point of this post is to tell you i may only do one post a week... and that's okay with me. hopefully it is with you too. (i act as though i have many readers, haha).
i used to blog stalk. but lately i don't have time for that. i only read about 2 or 3 blogs on a regular basis. i want to read more... i love my blogger friends! so if you see i've been on your blog but didn't leave a comment, i'm sorry. it's not personal. most likely i was interrupted by a child falling or getting hit, or something along those lines.
on a side note: jilli-bean's ear is healing nicely. we go for her post-op appointment tomorrow. you know how much i'm looking forward to holding her down as the doctor removes the stitches? yea, sounds like fun.
and like most busy moms, i miss my husband.
i miss him a lot! if only a babysitter for 3 kids wasn't expensive. i don't like to ask my parents to watch them, they already do so much for me. i just want a date with him. a girl can wish, right?
happy friday! and happy easter!


7 comments:
I do the same...check blogs without leaving comments. It's hard to have enough time everyday. But you really have to keep priorities straight.
Plus, I bet twins take more than twice as long to get ready. I would bet their collective energy would make it at least 3x as long.
Kelly, I love you....and I love your blog. Your life must leave you so little time for yourself, that the very last thing I would be doing if I were in your shoes, is leaving a comment on everyones blog! You are one of the honest few. You have small kids, you help with Jason's business, and THAT is your priority. Not taking oodles of pictures of nonsense to put on your blog. You are devoting your time to your kids. You keep doing what you are doing. We'll take a once a week post.
: )
Cute pics Kel. Cute kids.
Expense reports huh? I don't know... that doesn't sound too exciting! But doing facials in a trendy salon working with your bff ... now that sounds fun! ;)
It is harder to find blog time now that Claire doesn't nap as much too. Life is so busy right now.
Hope you get some time with your hubster soon. Can't wait to chat with ya tomorrow!
I know what you mean about blogging. Sometimes I'm on a roll and other times I'm so behind and then get stressed out about it...HELLO it's a BLOG!!!
So here I am, days late reading your great post that I can relate to in more ways than one!
You know what though, you have a beautiful family and theya re healthy and happy...so yeah for that :)
I love reading your blog! You are so real. You don't sugar coat anything, which is great. I feel like a normal mom and I am not the only one out there that feels this way. Kids, Love them but wish they came with babysitters. JK.
PS. I am glad Jillian's ear is getting better.
Totally understandable Kelly! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. Your kids are probably happy that they have so much of you!! That's what really matters! Glad that Jillian's ear is healing, good luck at the Doc's. That does not sound fun. I enjoy reading your blog and just think of how excited people will be when you do update!! We will look forward to your weekly post!
Most of the time I look at blogs and don't comment. I could spend all day reading and commenting, but who has time for that...esp. a mother of 3 with twins. I refuse to do Facebook because I feel that will just be one more thing for me to waste my time on. A post a week is a great goal! You can justify it by saying it's your journal for your posterity! :)
Post a Comment