Saturday, November 8, 2008

63 Houses & No Luck

This morning we went out with our agent looking at homes.. yet again. We have been looking since the end of August and have found NOTHING. And yes, that number of 63 homes is correct! Every time we go out to see a house, our agent gives us a paper with a picture of the house and all the details on it. We have saved every one of them, I think. I just counted them and we have seen 63 houses! We have put an offer on 4 of those 63, and didn't get any of them. It's so frustrating and depressing. I can't stand it anymore... I just want to find a house that we both love! I thought that it would be easy to find a house in this market, but not in Corona. The four houses that we put an offer on sold for well above asking price... about $20,000-$30,000 above asking price! Are you kidding me! This isn't fair! On two of them we even offered $10,000 above asking and didn't get it. We had high hopes.. but those high hopes of finding a house in South Corona under $380K are diminishing. I do have to point out that we are kind of picky too. Jason wants a big backyard for the kids and himself to play in, so that takes away from a ton of houses that we could have already had. We are seeeing 2 more houses tomorrow. They both actually look promising, but we always think that. So now I think we may be taking my parents last spare bedroom and making it the nursery for the twins. Thanks mom and dad for being so generous and giving up 3 of your 4 bedrooms! Hopefully we'll get something soon!

5 comments:

jeanine said...

YIKES! That has got to be frustrating! I can't even imagine! And finding a big back yard out there has GOT to be hard!

Kris said...

The right house will come along Kelly. And if you don't find it before the twins come, it may be that your bigger need for now, is to have helping hands with the babies at first. It will happen. Hang in there. Love the pics of Derek with the planes!
Hey, if you pick names before your shower, let me know so I can put them on the petit fours!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Awww poor girl, I am sorry it has been such a hastle, I am sure it is more frustrating with the kiddo's comming sooner and sooner. You will get one, you will. If not move out here to Elsinore, things are Way CHEEP HERE! But not as nice as So Corona for sure!

Kim said...

Ah I am so sorry... I don't think there is anything more frustrating. It took us over a year to buy our house the one we got was the only house of who knows how many that we both liked and felt good about. Good luck I'll keep my fingers crossed, it is nice that your parents have given you a place to stay while you find something.

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel, it's so frustrating. I think we had a total of four offers out and the fifth one got accepted, and we offered $15000 more than the asking price. I hope you find something soon, at least your mom and dad have rooms for you guys. My whole family is in one room, I'm going crazy. I know the right house will come along for you guys soon.