Thursday, November 20, 2008

Modified Bed Rest

I saw my doctor yesterday for my usual 2 week visit. I am now on modified bed rest! This is going to be hard to do with Derek who demands so much of my time! I started having mild contractions and am very anemic. So the solution is laying down 3 times a day for 2 hours at a time, not picking up Derek, no more walks, no house cleaning (I like that one!)... pretty much no extra outings. Oh boy! It really isn't an easy thing to do. It's so boring! And it's only been 2 days! I guess it's a blessing that we're still living with my parents so I have a few extra hands to help out. But it sure isn't fun! I'll keep you posted on any other news...

11 comments:

everyday katie said...

I'm so sorry. The same thing happened to me with my second pregnancy. Only I was only carrying one baby. I was anemic and at 6 months, I was already dilated to three centimeters. Modified bed rest is so tough with a toddler running around. Can you imagine having to be on full time bed rest? Good luck. As bad as it may seem, it will all be over in a few months.

jeanine said...

Yikes! I can't even imagine being on bedrest. You'll have to find some good books and movies to keep you from being bored!

Lauri said...

That sounds awful! Laying down for a nap when you're exhausted is one thing but having to lay down when you want to be up is miserable. Like Jeanine said, you've got to find some things to do that you can look forward to during your resting time.

Tawny said...

Ahhh...what you are already doing for your precious babies! I'm sure it will go faster than you know...February right?

Kris said...

Kelly,
Gennifer told me!!! How awful!! I hope the time passes quickly for you!!!

Genn said...

Hang in there Kel!! I wish I could take Derek for you some days right now... maybe after a little while!!

Traci Elizabeth said...

Goodness, that is rough. Maybe its a blessing in disguise that you haven't found a house yet, family is much needed at a time like this. Good luck and take care of those babies!

Anonymous said...

That sucks. Those were the words I feared the most when pregnant. I had complications early with Madison and I thought for sure I was going to hear bed rest but I never did. Thank the Lord. I'm so sorry, but it's for the best, plus now you have an excuse to be lazy. I say pass the time with Sudoku, it's my favorite and very addicting.

Melissa + Brett said...

Oh Kelly. I totally feel for you!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Wow, does not sound fun but hang in there, the cute little ones will totally be worth it. Also it is so glad that you are still with your parents right now. What a blessing. Hang in there girl and enjoy the rest while you can cuz you got 2 little newborns on the way that will take away all that rest real soon! ENJOY!!!

Jessica said...

Oh Kelly I am sorry. That is tough. My girlfriend was on full bedrest for 4 months with her twins. Take it easy and get plenty of rest. Look at the bright side whenever you want to get out of something you can just tell Jason you need to rest. :) That is hard on Derek though. That is good you are still with your parents. Good luck hopefully you can be up and around more soon.