My sister came in to town yesterday morning. I love when Sara comes! Not only is she like my right hand man, but she's just so much fun. Derek adores her and even though her visits are brief, we always have a good time. Derek loves picking her up from the airport. It's a good thing we have a Suburban now.... Derek, James, Jillian, Aiden, myself, then Sara... and still some unused space.
She and I went to dinner on Thursday night. My good friend Jennifer also came along. We even got to hit up a few stores before they closed. How much fun that is with no children! She watched the babies this morning while I took Derek and Aiden to Sams Club and Vons for some dinner ingredients.
We made chocolate chip cookies, grilled some steaks, made twice baked potatoes and Kristy's YUMMY broccoli recipe. Maria came over and joined us for dinner, bathed the babies for me and helped put them to bed. Even did ALL the dinner dishes (after mentioning how bad she felt after reading my last post, THANK YOU, Maria!). Then Sara and I got out again. Really? Is this happening for real? Getting out 2 nights in a row? We went and saw The Ugly Truth tonight... very cute!
She goes home tomorrow morning and I already look forward to her visit next month.
***More Happiness that DID happen this week***
I got these today
This boy discovered a LOVE for apple juice
And some crazy little babies are crawling EVERYWHERE now. We have no idea where the baby gates are, so tomorrow I am off to Babies-R-Us.
Jillie thinking there has to be some way she can get up there...
Goofing around...
Derek wanting to go to work with his boots and lunch pail just like daddy
I just love the positions kids can fall asleep in
I think Jillian is going to be a lot like Derek; notice how her and Derek are looking at me like, "Get real mom, we're at the park to play, not to take pictures!"
So needless to say with the company of my sister I was able to de-stress a little bit. And tomorrow starts the weekend... AHHHHHHHH


5 comments:
Oh Kelly, I loved all of your recent posts!! The babes are just adorable, and that Derek! Love his pics with lunch box and boots on! And hooray for you and Sara getting to step out and have some fun, baby free!!
How did you like the broccoli?
Awesome! All it takes is some mommy time and everything seems a little brighter! Super cute kiddos!
Your pictures are all so great! You still amaze me how you can take care of all those kids everyday! Super mom, I tell you!
I am glad you are having some happy days now Kel! Motherhood is such tough work. You are awesome. And you and Sara both look so pretty for your movie date. I liked that movie too. Cute and funny.
Glad you got enjoy some time to yourself & with your sister! You ladies are so pretty! And tan my I add!!:)
Post a Comment