Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July 2008

We stayed home for the 4th, which we normally do since we live in a city that loves to celebrate the 4th of July! Jason's parents and his younger sister and her family came over. We rode our bikes down to the parade on Main Street. Which, by the way, is the largest 4th of July parade west of the Mississippi... Just a fun fact for the day! We rode home and Derek and his cousin Aiden (who is only 3 weeks older) played in the pool and we BBQ'd. When the sun went down we rode back to the beach for the fireworks show off the pier. It was really fun and the kids loved it.

The only downfall of the day was riding back from the fireworks show when my pants got caught in the pedal of my bike. I now know why people tuck their pants up if they are dumb enough to wear baggy pants while riding a bike! The more I rode, the more it pulled my pants down. I was in the middle of traffic and had to stop and wait for Jason to come back and unravel my pants off my bike. I tried to do it myself but I couldn't reach down because the more I tried to, the more my pants would come off even more. It was really hilarious actually. Just glad I wasn't riding alone, or I'd be in trouble.


Jason, Derek & Grandpa Horse (Derek calls him that since they live in Norco & have animals)


Derek & Grandma Maria (My apologies for the guy in the background!!!!)


Looking innocent after trying to run into the parade


Bob the Builder... Derek think he's Handy Manny


Aiden stealing ANOTHER brownie! (Don't Derek & Aiden look so much alike?)


Smoke bombs in the backyard... SHHHHH!



Finally a picture of Maria & I


Jason's sister Jennifer & her family, Ryan & Aiden



The whole gang watching the fireworks



10 comments:

Kim said...

thats a cute little boy you've got there. good to hear fromyou.

Tawny said...

That is too funny about your pants, but I'm sorry it had to happen in the middle of traffic! Looks like you had a great 4th!

Genn said...

I love your picture of the week! So funny. I am so envious of your nice relaxing 4th! Next year we will definitely stay home too! The smoke bomb in the backyard looks fun. I bet the kids loved that. And your pants and your bike! Too funny! I hope you didn't expose yourself to anyone while riding home! =)

PS- Sorry I didn't call you back today. Got your message and I was recooperating from my day yesterday! I'll call you tomorrow!

Genn said...

PSS- I laughed out loud at that picture of you and Maria with the shirtless guy in the background! Why was his shirt even off in the first place!!

Kris said...

I love, love, love your blog! And the funniest post of all, was the pic with Maria and the big bellied guy in the background!!!!
Hey Kel, there is this new fangled thing out there now called photo shop....you can CROP pictures!!!!!
; ) Love ya,
Kristy

Lauri said...

How fun to live close enough to the beach to ride your bikes...I wish!

Kris said...

Kelly,
I am now using my blog as a general purpose blog. Not just for cakes. I am still learning how to arrange it though. Genny is going to help me. Thanks for the compliment on Don's cake. It was SO yummy!!!!

Traci Elizabeth said...

I love that you all ride bikes to the beach....and you want to move back to Corona why???

I am glad you guys had a nice relaxing vacation. What does your hubby do for work?? That is nice he was able to have some time off.

Oh and By the Way...your little guy is super super cute.

everyday katie said...

I've only heard about how great HB is on the forth. I'm a little jealous. I miss the beach.

Derek does look a little like his cousin. Are they good freiends? That must be fun.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Ok so the bike thing has happened to me as well. It happened to me right at the beginning of when Kipper and I started dating and it was so embarassing at the time but so funny now to think about.
I also LOVE the picture of Derek looking innocent after trying to run into the parade. That cracks me up!