Thursday, July 17, 2008

Two? Dos? What? Excuse Me? Really? Wow!

That's right! There are 2 babies growing inside me! Yes, I said TWO! Ever since we found out I was pregant my mom has said that she knows I'm having twins. They run on her side of the family and she was certain she was right. I never posted her prediction though, because I didn't want to prove her wrong on our very public blog. LOL! I guess I'm the one who was wrong! I really didn't think it was poissible... Jason and I both were 100% positive that we were only having one. But I had a sonogram today and there were two, as clear as day. The doctor was totally surprised as well. She said. "Oh my gosh, I never get twins! Yeah!". So we're all still totally shocked, but very excited. I only have to be pregnant twice, but I get 3 babies, alright! But oh my... I'm in for it! I do have to go for another ultrasound right away by the radiologist just to make sure everything is good. Today the doctor just did the sonogram to take a peek at things. And so the journey begins...

10 comments:

Kris said...

KELLY!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!!! Genny called me as soon as she heard!! I can't believe it. What did Jason say? Is he still on the floor from the shock? I am thrilled for you! Congratulations!!

Wow!

Kelly said...

Oh yea... we're still both in schock. Jason can't believe it!

Genn said...

I bet you can't believe it!! I still can't believe it!! Holy smokes, one pregnancy and two babies. Wow. That's all I can say is WOW! I'll say it again, WOW!

everyday katie said...

Oh my freakin' word! I cannot believe your mom is right. I have two friends who recently had twins. Although they love it, I think it looks miserable. They got HUGE by the end of their pregnancies. Like way beyond huge. ANd two babies...no thanks. Babies are enough of a handful when there's one.

But watching these kiddos...the relationship between twins is unlike any other. I am sure there'll be trials, but there will be so many blessings.

And you can't beat having less pregnancies. Pregnancy is miserable!! Spencer always said he wanted to have four at once our first time around so we go through everything once...they all grow up together and then all move out of the house at the same time while we're still young. So since we didn't make that goal, we have to have them close together instead so we can try to get them all out of the house while we're still young. But after having three, I'm not sure if we'll make it to four.

Congratulations. If you're the kind of person who is excited at the prospect of twins, you're probably the kind of person who can handle it well. I am so looking forward to finding the gender and watching for updates on how pregnancy with two is going.

Tawny said...

OMIGOSH! How exciting! I love your outlook of having one pregnancy and two kids! They are going to be so sweet!!! Can't wait to see you!

Traci Elizabeth said...

WOW!!!!! Kelly, I am so excited for you!! I think twins would be wonderful! You better move out to Corona quick so you can have some help!!

jeanine said...

Wow! Congrats! That's really exciting! I just had friends who had twins and I don't know if I could handle it.

Lauri said...

NO WAY!!!!!! I wish I lived closer. I would so be there to take my turn bringing in dinner, rocking babies, changing diapers, and generally helping out. I'll be anxious to hear updates along the way. How exciting!

Jessica said...

Very exciting!!! You will love it. It will be harder the first year than most new babies but after that they will always have a playmate, you will have tons of helpers. How fun. Exciting you are moving back to Corona , you will have tons of helpers close by. I hope everything goes good with the rest of the pregnancy. You look wonderful.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Ok so you are going to do GREAT!!! I am so excited for you! Kipper would kill me if I said this but I wish I were you, Who know's maybe we will have twins too but I doubt it! HOW COOL!!!! You are going to love it, my friend in our ward has twin girls and said it was kinda hard when they were itty bitty but when they get older they ALWAYS have someone to play with and keep them entertained which is nice.
I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! If you need ANY HELP I would be happy to assist you! Anyone that knows me knows I am baby crazy! Seriously you are so lucky!!! Life is going to be wonderful and exciting!