Monday, March 30, 2009

Disneyland

Jason took the day off last Friday and we took the twins over to Miss Lauri's so we could take Derek to Disneyland. We had met a family at Home Depot while waiting for paint a few weeks ago. The husband is the manager at Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney and offered to get us into Disneyland. He's allowed 5 people in at any time. So I gave him a call to take him up on his offer. He was so nice and genuine, he told me not to hesitate to call him again anytime we want to go. I think we'll just end up buying passes, but I can't say enough how much we appreciated his kindness to complete strangers he met at Home Depot! So thank you, Kevin!

The last time he went to Disneyland was around Halloween time, and I can't believe the difference from then until now. What I mean is the difference of how much he has changed and how much more excited he was this time around. The week prior he would wake up every morning and come in our room asking if today was Disneyland day. When we pulled into the parking lot he covered his mouth with his hands and couldn't stop saying, "OHHHHHHHH! We're here, we're here!". It's exactly how I remember being as a child. This trip was SO much fun for us and Derek! It was pretty crowded, but we were still able to get on a lot of rides and had a great day! We stayed until about 8:00 that night and that was only because Jason was tired, not Derek! He was quite upset that we were leaving. I cleaned him up in the car and put his pj's on, and he was asleep before we got out of the parking structure. I wish I had a picture, but someone (that person being Jason) dropped our camera right before we left and it's now broken! Hopefully it's still under warranty... I'll have to check that out.

My little guy and me


1st stop: It's A Small World


Derek thought he could climb on this sheep. He wanted to ride it like "Bullseye" from Toy Story 2


Taking the raft over to Tom Sawyers Island


See, he thinks he's a model!


So happy running across the bridge


And my handsome husband...




Loving the tea cups


One of his favorite buys of the day, a Buzz Lightyear cup. Here he is clapping for the band on stage at Tmorrowland Terrace.


Concentrating so hard while driving the autopia cars


And lastly, a tired mama


I can't wait to take Derek again. I love this age!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun, and what nice people. Can you slip me their number?? ;) Tim and I have been debating on when to take Riley to Disneyland. We want her to really enjoy it if we're going to spend the money. Looks like Derek had a blast!!

everyday katie said...

You look FABULOUS!

Kris said...

How fun Kelly! That must have been a day to remember for all!

Genn said...

What a treat for Little D! I'm glad you got to do that with him.

And you DO LOOK FABULOUS! I forget that you had TWO babies just TWO months ago!