Where to even begin... first off, I have a goal that I plan to accomplish within a year and a half. That is to write a book. I read quite a few books on raising multiples, but nothing prepared me for it.. AT ALL! I have developed a love for writing and think I could do a good job. I know it will take a lot of time, which I don't have much of, but I'm looking forward to the challenge. With all the preparations on the new house, starting a new business with Jason and the new babies, I never knew life could be so chaotic! But I look back at the previous day and just laugh. That's all you can do.
For example... my friend Laurie invited us to the park on Wednesday morning. I thought, OK, I can do this with all 3 kids. It would be a whole different story if they were different ages, but it is what it is. I started preparing for our outing about 9:00 am. Both babies had gone back to sleep, so I was able to get Derek and myself ready. Then I sat Derek in front of the TV with his art set out to keep him busy. He ended up in the backyard painting the dog with water colors... and I let him!
I got the diaper bag ready with bottles, formula, diapers, a change of clothes, snacks for Derek and an extra pair of big boy underwear, just in case. (Update: Derek is fully potty trained and hasn't had an accident in weeks!). Then I loaded up the car with the gigantic boat of a stroller, which I totally despise! I can't wait until I get a double jogger... so much lighter and easier to maneuver. Extra blankets, sunscreen, hand sanitizer... you name it, I had it packed.
Babies both woke up at 10:00 and I fed and changed them, but by the time I was finished with that it was 10:45. We got to the park a little late, but had a great time! Jimmy and Jillian were awake and very happy the entire hour and a half. I guess we'll be doing more park outings with all 3 of them... it's just the prep time that is so exhausting!
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
That sounds great. Even if I don't have multiples I would still read your book. Maybe it would let me know how easy I really have it at times, or NOT.
It really is all the preparing that you have to do to go somewhere that is exhausting. It hurts my brain sometimes just running through the checklist to make sure I have everything.
And FYI- I know you said you hate your boat of a double stoller, but let me tell you they are ALL going to be either a BOAT or a WIDELOAD, and always very heavy. And as I am learning, continue to get heavier as the kids grow and grow. My jogger is easier for the park and walks for sure, but going up the slightest bit of a hill yo might laugh at how I have to push to get to the top.
Write that book Kelly! It is your sage advice that women coming into the craziness of having multiples will listen to and need so much!!!
Write that book Kelly! It is your sage advice that women coming into the craziness of having multiples will listen to and need so much!!!
I love that you are writing a book! I think it will be great, I'll read it next time I'm pregnant with twins.
I know what you mean about preparing to go anywhere. But you are packing for three!! You go girl, it sounds like you've got this twin business under control!!
I can't stand double strollers but you can't live without them. Being a stay at home mom...your entire life is packing, loading, unloading and unpacking interspersed with feedings and dipaer changes and cleaning up painted dogs or whatever else. I hate how busy life gets and how little I accoplish. You're doing great. I'll totally read your book.
You are awesome! And I'd get your book for sure!
Post a Comment