Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I've Been Ghosted!

It's 7:30, all 3 kids are in bed and the doorbell rings. The dog barks. Ugggh! Who would be at the door right now? I hate unexpected visitors during the bedtime hours. I look out the peep hole and no one is there. Being such a paranoid person, I didn't open the door fearing that someone was kneeling down so I couldn't see them through the peep hole and once I opened the door they would either stab me or hold me down as they forced entry into my house to kidnap my kids or rob me. Yes, I'm being serious, I thought this. (Do I watch too many movies?)... I waited about 5 minutes as I kept looking out the peep hole and through the window. When I decided to open the door, I found a nice surprise!


I was ghosted!


This bag was full of goodies: a pumpkin candles, a ball made of eyeballs, pencils, a pad of cute Halloween paper, a cookie cutter with cookie mix, gummy eyeballs, bubbles, and Hershey's kisses.

The note reads: (right click to enlarge)


So they left this ghost on my front door that I leave on so no one 'ghosts' us again. Although it would be fun to get 'ghosted' twice. hehe


What a nice neighborhood we moved in to! Looks like I need to make a run to Target to ghost 2 other houses in our neighborhood! Fun! I love stuff like this... it made my night. Not to mention Derek will be so excited when he wakes up in the morning to find a bag of goodies.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is so cool! I think I might start that in my neighborhood too. What a great idea!

Kris said...

That is so cute! Love that idea!!!

Genn said...

That is a really cute idea. How fun to go and ghost someone else!

jeanine said...

So fun! We've had that happen to us before with people from the ward. I was just looking through my files the other day thinking that we needed to do that again.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

That is so cute and what a cool neighbohood!!! I want to do this!

everyday katie said...

That is a fun neighborhood...I freak out about unexpected visitors too. Even in daylight. Plus I just like to know when some one is coming. I'm not a pop in any time kind of girl.

Nicole said...

I love it. Maybe I should start something like that around my boring neighborhood.