We had fun. Especially Derek.
We made cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve. We also made a gingerbread house. James loved helping his big brother while their sister was still napping.
I woke up first around 6:00 and made a quiche for breakfast. I turned on all the Christmas lights awaiting Derek's decent downstairs. About 6:45 I heard the pitter patter of his feet coming down the stairs. I think I was just as excited as he was. Seeing his face and how happy he was, put a huge grin on my face... seriously. We called for daddy to wake up and get down stairs. The twins woke up next and they could care less about what was going on. They didn't even want to tear into some wrapping paper. But they were so excited to see toys everywhere. They played for a few hours until it was nap time.

Santa brought Derek this Toy Story chair, and we can't get Jillian out of it. She climbs up and sits in it constantly and always has the biggest smile on her face.
My parents came over about 9:00 with their gifts. Jillian loves her little Dora kitchen... and the boys seem to like it as well. But the favorite gift of all appears to be this tent my parents got Derek. All 3 kids crawl in and out of that tube for hours. Derek even slept in it last night. He loves it.
It was such a beautiful, warm day out, we went for a walk before all the family arrived for dinner.

My parents, in-laws, and Jason's sister, Jennifer, and cousin Aiden came over later in the afternoon. We ordered from Wood Ranch and it was delicious... tri-tip, BBQ chicken breast, mac & cheese, garlic rolls.... and we made the rest, which was a breeze.
That evening my mom's brother and sister came over with their families... bearing more gifts. The kids were very spoiled this year.
We had a great holiday. Lots of laughter. Lots of family. Lots of memories. Wish I took more pictures. I seem to say that a lot lately, you'd think I'd learn by now. But it's hard being hostess, and taking pics, while watching twins, passing out food and drinks, stopping fights over toys, changing many diapers.... ya know, just being a mom.
I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!


7 comments:
Even my five year old who has a good concept of time...hes devasted when he wakes up and it's not Christmas again. Ordering out for Christmas dinner sounds ideal. It's nice that you and JAson both have families close by to get together for Holidays. It seems that you all get along well.
It all looks perfect.
Looks like it was a nice day. It is nice that you guys can share the holidays with both yours and Jason's families.
It's cute that Jill likes Derek's toy story chair! In that picture of her, her hair looks SO long on top!! Wow.
Glad it was a fun day. Hannah started to cry when we began taking down our tree too. Kids are so funny.
Glad you guys had a good Christmas! I love Wood Ranch, that's a great idea.
I'm scared to take down my decorations, Riley is obsessed with our tree, and loves our lights. I'm thinking I'll do it all one night this week, and maybe she will forget when she wakes up the next morning!!!
Love your pictures!
Kelly,
What cute pictures! I guess tents are a hit all over the place. I bought one a few months back at Ross, and the kids LOVE it. So Santa brought one for Hannah and we got one for Noah. The kids all have fun this year!!!
I really think that you are a wonderful mommy to your kids! They are lucky to have you!
Glad you had a wonderful Christmas, sounds like the kids did. Boy are they all getting SO BIG!!!
And YES all the stuff you gave me for Brooke has been my favorite stuff. That Hurley dress I now use as a shirt because I love it SO MUCH!!!
I really think that you are a wonderful mommy to your kids! They are lucky to have you!
Glad you had a wonderful Christmas, sounds like the kids did. Boy are they all getting SO BIG!!!
And YES all the stuff you gave me for Brooke has been my favorite stuff. That Hurley dress I now use as a shirt because I love it SO MUCH!!!
What a great Xmas! I love the Gingerbread house pictures, we'll definitely have to do that next year, I think Sammy would LOVE it!
Look a Jill's hair! So cute, I love it too!
Merry Xmas!
Post a Comment