Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Crumby, Sick & a Birthday

Last Thursday was my handsome husband's 33rd birthday. Yes, 33! He's getting up there, isn't he?! So here is a late public Happy Birthday to you, babe! He spent the day golfing with his friends. Then came home and we had a nice dinner with the family and some banana cream pie.

Everyone wanted in on the gift-opening action!


But that evening all hell broke lose.

A bug infected our house.

James was the first to get it. He actually threw up on Wednesday afternoon.

The rest of us got infected during the wee hours of the night on Thursday.

My dad was off Friday... THANK THE LORD! He took James home with him to take care of. My mom was infected by our bug too. She couldn't stop throwing up Friday, as well.

I never left my bed, besides a run to the bathroom about 50,000 times. Jason was ok so he was able to take care of our other two sickos, Derek and Jillian.

But then that evening Jason got it. We were one sick, disgusting family. Spreading a virus like the plague to my mom, Jason's mom, and who knows who else.

My dad never got it. LUCKY.

It was really only a 24 hour flu, I didn't feel great Saturday, but better. We had been planning for weeks for Derek to go stay at my brothers in Fresno for a few days. He was supposed to go Friday, the day we were all so sick. So we cancelled. But then Saturday morning Derek was begging to go. So I called my sister-in-law, Alyssa, and asked if they were still up for it, and off we went. I drove him halfway to Bakersfield where I met Alyssa to pick him up.

What a horrible drive in the pouring rain. No traffic, but I really hate driving in the rain. After a long 5 hour round trip drive, I was back home. And feeling crumby again. We all rested. It was so quiet without Derek. We missed him, but it was quiet. Nice and quiet.

He enjoyed some snow time in Yosemite with his aunt and uncle.


Of course he got very homesick after 2 nights and I had to make the trek back to Bakersfield to get him on Monday We're happy he's home.

I look forward to feeling better, girls night on Friday, and our company Christmas party on Saturday!

Have a great week!

4 comments:

everyday katie said...

The same bug took it's turn out here a few weeks ago. Lucky for you you had help. I was the first to throw up followed minutes later by Reid...then in all my glory got a call to pick up park from school. Spencer couldn't get work off...in fact he didn't get home until after the kids were in bed. I dealt with it all alone while being sick.

Kelly said...

ohhh katie... i'm sorry. i can't imagine.

Genn said...

Oh Katie! I am sorry too. What a nightmare.

Kelly, your last week didn't sound too fun either. I'm glad you guys are all better, and no longer a sick and disgusting family. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yuck, that is the worst. Glad you guys are feeling better now. That bug went around our family last year right before Christmas and it was awful. 24 hours of awfulness, Tim didn't get it, but I did. Awful.